The Samsung TV is a popular model that provides great visual and audio entertainment. And with the latest innovation of AirPlay, it is now possible to stream content from your iPhone to your Samsung TV. AirPlay makes it easy to display sound and video clips from your phone on the TV without any additional cables. If you want to learn how to wirelessly connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV, keep reading.
The Challenge of AirPlay An iPhone to A Samsung Tv
The challenge of linking an iPhone to a Samsung TV arises, due to the obvious boundaries existing between the Apple iOS and Samsung’s Smart TV. Although Samsung has been striving to make their TV system manageable, connecting them using traditional methods can be difficult. But don’t worry; with the beginning of AirPlay 2, it is now possible to connect your iPhones to your Samsung TV on the fly – without wires and with a quick setup. In this article, we will explain to you how to make the important modifications for using AirPlay on your iPhone to connect to your Samsung TV.
What You Should Prepare for
Before starting with the steps, there are some things that you need to prepare for your hassle-free wireless streaming. Here are the necessary things you need to be prepared before connecting your iPhone to a Samsung TV:
– Apple iOS running version 12.3 or later.
– A TV that supports AirPlay2. (If your TV does not support AirPlay 2, you cannot use this function.)
– Wi-Fi must be enabled and both devices must be linked to the same one. (Please make sure Wi-Fi broadcasts are not blocked on your TV.)
– An iPhone or iPad with Bluetooth when audio is required.
Method 1: Using AirPlay via the Samsung TV Remote App
This method uses the Samsung remote app, which creates a quick and easy connection between your iPhone and Samsung TV using iOS’s Screen Mirroring function. Here are the following steps:
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone
2. Search for the "Samsung remote" app.
3. Download and install it to your phone.
4. Open the app and select "TV" and then tap on "Connect to TV."
5. Wait till the TV detected on the app.
6. Tap on the selected TV on the screen.
7. A code will appear on your TV; enter this code into the Samsung Remote App.
8. Once connected, proceed to the Control Center on your iPhone:
– For iPhone X or later devices, swipe down from the top-right corner and tap on "Screen Mirroring."
– For older devices, swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen and click on "Screen Mirroring."
9. Then select the TV, which the app has successfully detected.
10. And now, your iPhone screen will show on the Samsung TV simultaneously.
– Quick and easy connection setup
– Only requires the iPhone and the Samsung remote app
– It also supports iOS 12.3 or a higher version
– Compatible issue on older Samsung TV models
Method 2: Using AirPlay via Apple TV Dongle
If you have an Apple TV device, you can also use this to conduct wireless streaming on your device. The Setup guide is as follows:
1. Make sure your Apple TV and iPhone are up-to-date.
2. Switch on your Apple TV device and ensure it links to the same Wi-Fi network with your iPhone.
3. Find the Amazon Prime Video App on your iPhone and look for the AirPlay symbol.
4. Tap on the symbol, and a screen will appear; click on "Apple TV."
5. And now, your TV will start displaying whatever is on your phone.
– This method works on all Samsung TV models that support Amazon FireTV
– Don’t face any wired setup and eliminates compatibility problems.
– An HDMI and power supply outlet are needed for the setup.
– Expensive Apple TV Dongle is required
Method 3: Using AirServer
AirServer is a functional screen mirror program that can help you stream music, pictures, and video clips from your iPhone to the Samsung Smart TV. If you want to use AirPlay via AirServer, follow the steps below:
1. Install AirServer on your Samsung TV and purchase a license key if required.
2. Switch on your iPhone and navigate to the Control Panel and launch "AirPlay Mirroring."
3. Follow the guidelines that will appear to connect your mobile to your Samsung TV using AirServer.
4. Your iPhone will start loading to your Samsung Smart TV via AirServer.
– It supports a wide range of formats such as MS and android.
– A user-friendly interface that works flawlessly
– A paid application
– Issues with occasional unresponsive streaming
Why Can’t I Airplay An iPhone to A Samsung Tv
1. Both models are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi is essential for wireless data transfer.
Fix: Ensure that both your iPhone and Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. A compatible Samsung TV with AirPlay 2 is not available.
Fix: Confirm that your Samsung TV has the AirPlay function support.
3. The iPhone model is outdated.
Fix: Ensure your iPhone is running iOS 12.3 or later.
– Make sure AirPlay is activated from your Samsung TV settings.
– Although all devices use the same Wi-Fi connection, ensure that placement isn’t too far away.
5 FAQs About Airplay An iPhone to A Samsung Tv
Q1: Why is my Samsung TV not appearing as an AirPlay destination on my iPhone?
A: Ensure that both devices are logged into the same Wi-Fi network and that AirPlay is activated on the Samsung TV.
Q2: What do I do if I can’t connect my iPhone to my Samsung TV?
A: Check your Wi-Fi or unplug the TV and turn it back on.
Q3: Can I use Miracast instead of AirPlay?
A: Both are similar technologies but cannot be used interchangeably. AirPlay is only usable on Apple devices.
Q4: Do I need to install apps or programs to use AirPlay?
A: This would depend on the method you choose. Some options may require additional software installation.
Q5: Can I stream audio using AirPlay?
A: Yes, you can. AirPlay 2 enables audio streaming.
AirPlay technology makes it easy to link your iPhone to your Samsung TV. We have provided you with three different ways to do this, including using the Samsung remote app, Apple TV dongle, and AirServer. Each method has its pros and cons, so choose the one that suits your preferences and smartphone functions. Some common issues that may arise and the solution to each problem are also provided. So enjoy the seamless wireless streaming experience now!