Have you ever accidentally deleted an important message on your iPhone? It can be frustrating to lose important information or sentimental conversations. Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to attempt to retrieve your deleted iMessages. In this blog post, we will go over several methods to help you recover deleted iMessages on your iPhone.
Why You Need to Bring Back Deleted iMessages on iPhone
iMessages are a convenient way to stay in touch with friends and family. They not only allow us to communicate in real time, but they also allow us to send pictures, videos, and other types of media. However, we all know that feeling when we unintentionally delete an iMessage. Losing important conversations and information can be stressful. That’s why it’s essential to have a backup plan in case this happens. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing some solutions to the problem of how to bring back deleted iMessages on your iPhone.
Method 1: Restore Deleted iMessages using iCloud Backup
Many iPhone users have backed up their data using iCloud. If you have done so, restoring deleted iMessages can be a relatively simple process. Here are the steps to restore deleted iMessages using iCloud backup:
1. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and select “General”.
2. Scroll down and select “Reset”.
3. Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
4. You might need to enter your passcode or Apple ID password.
5. Your iPhone will now restart. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup process.
6. Choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” when the Apps & Data option appears.
7. Sign in to your iCloud account and select a backup that includes your lost iMessages.
8. Your iPhone will now restore from the iCloud backup and all your deleted iMessages should appear in your messages app.
– If you frequently back up your iPhone on iCloud, this method is very convenient and can quickly restore your deleted iMessages.
– This method has a high success rate.
– This method will erase all the data on your device, including contacts, photos, messages, and more before restoring. Make sure to back up your iPhone to iCloud regularly before attempting this method.
– If you don’t have a recent iCloud backup, you may lose some essential data, or deleted iMessages may not be recovered.
Method 2: Recover Deleted iMessages using iTunes Backup
If your iPhone is synced with iTunes, you may be able to restore deleted iMessages using an iTunes backup. Keep in mind that this method will also wipe your phone’s data, including your current messages, so make sure to back up your iPhone before starting this process.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer with which you usually sync it.
2. Launch iTunes.
3. Select your iPhone from the list of available devices in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
4. Under the “Backups” section, select “Restore Backup…”
5. Choose the backup that is closest in date to the date that you deleted your iMessages.
6. Once the restoration is complete, your deleted iMessages should be viewable in your iPhone’s messaging app.
– This method can be a great option for those who regularly backup their iPhone with iTunes.
– This method has a high success rate.
– This method will erase all your current data on your iPhone, including messages, photos, and contacts, as well as replacing it with the old backup.
– You need to have previously synced your iPhone to iTunes to use this method.
– If your iTunes backup was created before the iMessages were deleted, you may lose some recent data, or your deleted iMessages may not be recovered.
Method 3: Bring Back Deleted iMessages using a Third-Party Data Recovery Tool
If you don’t have an iCloud or iTunes backup or you require more customization when restoring deleted iMessages, you can always opt for third-party data recovery tools. These tools can help you recover your lost data in a more sophisticated and detailed way. Here are the steps:
1. Download and install an iPhone data recovery tool like Dr. Fone, EaseUS MobiSaver, or Tenorshare UltData onto your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the data recovery tool.
3. Select the “Recover from iOS Device” option on the interface of the data recovery tool.
4. Select “iMessages & Attachments” from the list of recoverable items.
5. The tool will scan your iPhone for all recoverable iMessages.
6. Preview the deleted iMessages and select the ones you want to restore.
7. Click on the “Recover” button to recover the deleted iMessages back to your iPhone.
– This method gives you the option to select which iMessages to recover.
– It can recover deleted iMessages that have been permanently deleted from your iPhone.
– Some third-party data recovery tools can be expensive to use.
– This method may not work if the deleted messages have been completely overwritten, making them irretrievable.
– Using third-party recovery tools can be risky, so make sure to use reputable and trustworthy software.
What to Do If You Can’t Bring Back Deleted iMessages on iPhone
If none of the above methods have been useful in recovering your deleted iMessages, don’t worry. Here are some steps that may help you to fix your problem:
1. Check to see if your iMessage conversations are backed up on iCloud or iTunes.
2. If not, check out your iPhone’s recently deleted folder. This folder is always there and you can usually locate it by tapping “edit” while browsing through your message history.
3. If none of your deleted iMessages are present in either of the above locations, try recovering them from another iDevice that is synced with the same iCloud.
4. If none of the above steps work, you can try reaching out to Apple’s support team. They may be able to give you some additional advice or solutions for restoring your deleted iMessages.
To avoid accidentally deleting important iMessages in the future, you can enable the “Messages in iCloud” feature, which syncs all your messages across all your Apple devices. This way, If you delete a message on one device, it will be deleted from all your connected Apple devices.
Q1: Can I recover deleted iMessages from more than one device?
A: Yes, as long as all the devices are synced to the same iCloud or iTunes account.
Q2: Can I recover deleted iMessages from a long time ago?
A: It depends on whether you have maintained a regular backup to iCloud or iTunes. If you have synced your device to iCloud or iTunes before you deleted the iMessages, you can recover them from one of these backups.
Q3: Do I need to pay for third-party data recovery tools?
A: Some data recovery tools require a fee, while others offer free trials or free versions. However, it’s always better to use a reputable and trustworthy software.
Q4: Will restoring my iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backups overwrite my current device data?
A: Yes, restoring from iCloud or iTunes backup will delete all of your current data and replace it with the data from the backup.
Q5: Can I recover deleted iMessages without a backup?
A: It may be difficult to recover deleted iMessages without a backup. However, you can try using third-party data recovery tools and follow the steps provided in method 3 of this blog post.
Losing an important conversation on iMessage can be a frustrating experience, but with these methods mentioned above, you can always try to recover your deleted iMessages. We hope that this blog post has provided you with some useful methods for recovering deleted iMessages on your iPhone. Remember to always back up your device regularly to avoid losing important data in the future.