In today’s digital world, taking notes using mobile phones has become quite popular. Among the various mobile apps, Notes is a commonly used app for taking personal notes, reminders, and more. One of the most important aspects of taking digital notes is changing the font size from time to time to ensure that the notes are readable. In this blog post, we will explore different methods to change font size in the Notes app on iPhone.
The Challenge of Changing Font Size in Notes App on iPhone
Notes is a versatile app that can be used for various purposes, but one of the major challenges is to adjust font size according to one’s preference. Sometimes, users may find it challenging to read the text if the font size is too small or too big. The lack of knowledge on how to adjust font size in Notes app on iPhone can hinder the efficiency of note-taking. This blog post is aimed at solving this challenge by presenting various ways to change font size in Notes app.
Things You Should Prepare for Changing Font Size in Notes App on iPhone
Before we start with the methods, there are a few things that you need to check before you change the font size in the Notes app on your iPhone. These are:
- Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version, because the methods we explain in this blog may not work on older versions of iOS.
- Ensure that your Notes app is updated to its latest version from the App Store.
Method 1: Change Font Size via Settings
Changing font size through Settings is the easiest way to change the font size in the Notes app. Here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Display & Brightness section.
- Look for the Text Size option and tap on it.
- Drag the slider to the left to decrease the font size or right to increase the font size. You will see the preview of the text above the slider.
- Once you have adjusted the font size, exit the settings app.
- Easy method to change font size on iPhone.
- You can adjust font size in other apps besides Notes app as well.
- Changing the font size through settings also changes the font size of other apps.
Method 2: Change Font Size within Notes App
Another way to change font size is by accessing the settings within the Notes app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Create a new note or open an existing one.
- Tap on the ‘Aa’ icon on the top right corner of the note screen.
- Select the font size option; you will be presented with three different sizes. Tap on the one that you prefer.
- It is the most direct way to change font size within the Notes app.
- Changing font size won’t affect other app’s font size.
- Font size can only be adjusted through the three preset sizes.
Method 3: Using Accessibility Settings
This option works well for users that require larger text size than usual. Here is how to access it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select General and then tap on Accessibility.
- Scroll down and select Display & Text Size. There are two options visible text size and the button to activate large text size.
- Tap on the Larger Text option and toggle on the switch next to “Larger Accessibility Sizes”.
- Drag the slider to the right to increase the text size.
- You can choose larger text sizes of your choice to use in different areas.
- This method changes the font size of all apps and not just Notes.
Why Can’t I Change Font Size in Notes App on iPhone?
The following are some of the reasons why you may not be able to change font size in Notes app on your iPhone:
1. Older iOS version
If you have an older version of iOS on your iPhone, it may not support the latest version of Notes app that includes the font size changing feature. Consider updating your iOS version.
2. Outdated Notes app
If your Notes app is outdated, it may not offer the newest features, including changing the font size. Visit the App Store and update your Notes app to access the latest features.
3. Wrong display and text size settings
If the display and text size settings on your iPhone are not properly configured, you may not be able to change font size in Notes app. Make sure that the settings work for you and give it another try.
- If none of the above methods work for you, consider using other note-taking apps.
- If you have trouble reading text on your iPhone, you may want to consider increasing the text size in other apps too.
5 FAQs about Changing Font Size in Notes App on iPhone
Q1: Why can’t I change font size in my Notes app?
A: If you cannot change the font size in your Notes app, it is likely because of an outdated iOS version, Notes app, or your display and text size settings are wrong.
Q2: How many font size options are available within the Notes app?
A: Three font size options are available within the Notes app.
Q3: Will changing the font size in Notes app affect the font size in other apps?
A: No. Changing the font size in Notes app will not affect the font size in other apps.
Q4: Can I choose text sizes larger than the preset options?
A: Yes, you can use the Accessibility settings on your iPhone to select larger text sizes.
Q5: Is there an option to select a custom font size?
A: No, there is no option to select a custom font size within the Notes app.
Changing font size in Notes app can significantly improve the readability of your note. We have discussed three different ways to change font size in the Notes app on iPhone. You can choose any of these methods according to your convenience, the scenario, and your needs. Moreover, if you encounter any challenges, be sure to refer to our “Why Can’t I” section to identify potential issues. We hope that this blog post will be helpful to you in using the Notes app more effectively.