Emojis have become an integral part of our communication, and we always look for ways to make them standout. The color of the emojis might seem boring and repetitive, but did you know that you can change the color of emojis on your Android phone? Yes, you heard it right! In this blog post, we will show you different methods to change the color of emojis on Android, including step-by-step guide with pros and cons of each method.
Before jumping into the ways of changing the color of emojis, let’s go through the things you will need for this task:
– An Android phone
– Access to the Google Play Store
– Installed third-party apps
– Working internet connection
What Requires Your Focus?
This blog post requires your attention to detail, focus, and patience. Follow the steps carefully and ensure that you do not miss any steps, as it could lead to unexpected results. Also, install the third-party apps with caution and only download apps from trusted sources, as some apps could contain malware or cause harm to your device.
Different Methods to Change The Color of Emoji on Android
Here are the three different methods to change the color of emojis on Android:
Method 1: Using Gboard Keyboard
Before you can change the color of emojis on Android, ensure that you have the Gboard Keyboard installed on your device. This is because the Gboard Keyboard has a built-in feature that allows you to change the color of emojis. Once you have the Gboard Keyboard installed, follow these steps:
1. Open any messaging app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the “Emoji” icon, which looks like a smiley face, located in the bottom left corner of the keyboard.
3. Select any emoji to open the emoji panel.
4. Tap and hold on the emoji you want to change the color.
5. You will see a color palette popping up on the screen.
6. Select the color you want to change your emoji to by tapping on it.
7. Release your finger from the screen.
– Gboard Keyboard is preinstalled in some Android smartphones.
– You can access the feature without using any third-party apps to change the color.
– The feature is not well known and cannot be accessed in other keyboards.
Method 2: Using Bitmoji App
Bitmoji is a popular app that lets you create and customize your own avatar. The app also allows you to use your avatar in emojis, and it gives you the option to change the color of the emojis. Here’s how to change the color of emojis using the Bitmoji app:
1. Download and install the Bitmoji app from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the Bitmoji app and create your avatar.
3. Once you have created your avatar and it has been installed in the keyboard, open any messaging app.
4. Tap on the “Emoji” icon located in the bottom left corner of the keyboard.
5. Swipe left to access the Bitmoji keyboard.
6. Select the Bitmoji that you want to send.
7. Tap and hold the emoji to see the different colors available for that emoji.
8. Tap on the color swatch to change the color of the selected emoji.
– Bitmoji allows you to customize and personalize your own emojis using the app’s features.
– Bitmoji has a wide range of customized stickers and emojis that can be used in several messaging apps.
– To access the Bitmoji keyboard, you need to download and install the app, which can take up some storage space on your phone.
Method 3: Using Kika Keyboard
Kika Keyboard is one of the most popular third-party keyboard apps that can be used to change the color of your emojis on Android devices. Here’s how to change the color of emojis using Kika Keyboard:
1. Download and install the Kika Keyboard app from the Google Play Store.
2. After installation, open the Kika Keyboard app and tap on the “Start” button to begin.
3. Follow the prompts to enable Kika Keyboard in your phone settings.
4. Once enabled, open any messaging app.
5. Tap on the “Emoji” icon located on the left side of the keyboard to access the emoji panel.
6. Select any emoji that you want to change the color of.
7. Tap on the “Color” icon located at the bottom of the panel.
8. Select a color to change the emoji to and tap on it to apply the change.
– Kika Keyboard offers a wide range of customized themes, wallpapers, and emojis.
– Changing the color of emojis is just one of the many features that Kika Keyboard comes with.
– Kika Keyboard might display ads in between, which can lead to a less streamlined experience.
Why Can’t I Change The Color of Emoji on Android?
Here are some reasons why you might not be able to change the color of emojis and fixes for each:
1. Incompatible emojis: Some emojis may not support color changes, and there is no way to change their color.
Fix: You can choose another emoji that supports color changes instead.
2. Outdated keyboard: Your device’s keyboard might be outdated and lack the feature to change the color of emojis.
Fix: Check the Google Play Store for updates to your keyboard or download a third-party keyboard app that supports the feature.
3. Limited device storage: Your device might lack enough storage to download and install third-party keyboard apps and other apps to change the color of emojis.
Fix: Delete apps or files that are no longer in use to free up storage space on your device.
Implications and Recommendations
Changing the color of emojis might seem like a trivial task, but it gives users an extra layer of personalization to their texting experience. However, we recommend that users install and use the apps mentioned in this post with caution, and only download apps from trusted sources to ensure security. Also, be sure to delete apps and files that are not in use to free up space and optimize your device performance.
5 FAQs about Changing The Color of Emoji on Android
Q1: Can I change the color of all emojis using these methods?
A: No, some emojis do not support color changes, and there is no way to change their color.
Q2: Do I need to install third-party apps to change the color of emojis?
A: No, the Gboard Keyboard has a built-in feature that allows you to change the color of emojis, but third-party apps like Bitmoji and Kika Keyboard come with additional features.
Q3: Are these methods compatible with all Android devices?
A: Yes, these methods are compatible with all Android devices that support the Google Play Store.
Q4: Can I change the color of emojis on other apps besides messaging apps?
A: Yes, if the app supports emojis, you can use the keyboard to change the color of emojis.
Q5: Do I need to pay for the apps mentioned in this post?
A: No, all apps mentioned in this post are free to download from the Google Play Store.
Changing the color of emojis on Android gives you an extra layer of personalization in your text messages. You can achieve this using the Gboard Keyboard, Bitmoji app, or Kika Keyboard. These methods are easy to follow, and we have outlined each step-by-step guide for you to follow. However, ensure that you follow each guide with caution and only download apps from trusted sources.