If you own an iPhone, you must be aware of the Amber Alert notifications. These alerts are broadcasted through your iPhone in case of any emergency situation such as the missing child. These alerts are essential to keep everyone notified of any potential threat to their safety. But the alarming sound of the Amber Alert notification can be quite disturbing, especially if you are in a public place. If you are bothered by the Amber Alert sound, don’t worry as there are some solutions to cut off Amber Alert on iPhone. In this blog, we will discuss some methods that you can use to stop Amber Alert notifications on your iPhone.
Why You Need to Cut off Amber Alert on iPhone
Amber Alerts on iPhone can be quite useful in terms of safety, as it helps you to be informed about any critical situation that may pose a danger. However, sometimes, the noise and vibration of these notifications can be quite disturbing, especially when you are busy or in a public place. For some people, frequent Amber Alert notifications may cause anxiety and affect their mental health. Therefore, it’s important to know how to turn off these alerts to ensure peace of mind.
Method 1: Disable Amber Alerts for Emergency Government Alerts
This is one of the ways to cut off Amber Alerts on iPhone. You can disable the Amber Alerts by following the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to find “Notifications” and click on it.
3. Scroll down and look for “Emergency Alerts” and tap on it.
4. Now, switch off the toggle beside “Amber Alerts.”
– It is one of the easiest and quickest methods to turn off Amber Alerts.
– You can disable only the Amber Alert notifications, and other emergency alerts will still be available.
– Disabling Amber Alerts may put you at risk of missing out on essential emergency notifications.
Method 2: Disable Alerts for Silent Ringer Mode
You can also try disabling notifications for the Amber Alerts when your ringer mode is set to silent. Below are the steps to follow.
1. Go to the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on “Do Not Disturb” and toggle it on.
3. Under “Do Not Disturb,” toggle on “Scheduled.”
4. Now set the schedule hours as per your convenience. This means during those hours; your phone will be on silent mode.
5. Now, select “Allow Calls From” and choose either “Everyone” or “No One.”
6. After selecting your desired option, scroll down to “Government Alerts” and turn the toggle off next to “Amber Alerts.”
– It helps to reduce notifications during the silent mode.
– You can still receive important emergency notifications on your iPhone.
– You might miss the critical alerts as you have completely disabled them.
Method 3: Disable Alerts for Emergency Alerts Entirely
Disabling alerts for emergency alerts entirely means you won’t receive Amber Alerts and other crucial emergency notifications. However, if you select this method, make sure to have an alternative way to keep yourself informed about any emergency situations.
1. Go to the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and click on “Notifications.”
3. After that, scroll down and select “Emergency Alerts.”
4. Now turn off the toggle next to “Government Alerts.”
– It disables all types of emergency alerts, including the Amber Alert notification.
– You might feel less disturbed as all the notifications are turned off.
– Disabling all types of emergency alerts on your iPhone can put you in more danger as you will not receive crucial notifications.
What to Do If You Can’t Cut off Amber Alert Notifications on iPhone
If you are still struggling to cut off Amber Alerts on iPhone, you can follow these steps below.
1. Ensure that your iPhone’s software is updated to the latest version.
2. Try restarting your iPhone as it might fix the issue.
3. Check whether Do not disturb mode is not activated.
4. Check if you did not accidentally mute your iPhone.
Bonus Tip: Using Third-Party Software
You can also try using third-party software to disable Amber Alert notifications on your iPhone. An app like “Government Alerts” can help you configure your emergency notifications.
Q1. Why are Amber Alert notifications essential on iPhone?
A: Amber Alert notifications are essential on iPhone as they notify the users of any emergency situations that might cause danger, such as missing children.
Q2. How often do Amber Alert notifications occur?
A: The frequency of Amber Alert notifications depends upon the situation’s urgency. If there is any critical situation, you might receive more than one Amber Alert notification.
Q3. What is the difference between Amber Alert and other emergency notifications?
A: Amber Alert specifically provides information about any missing or abducted child. In contrast, other emergency notifications provide details about any natural disasters, terrorist attacks, or similar situations.
Q4. Is it legal to turn off Amber Alert notifications on iPhone?
A: Yes, it is legal to turn off Amber Alert notifications on iPhone. However, you should ensure that you have an alternative way to keep yourself informed about any emergency situations.
Q5. Does disabling Amber Alerts also disable Presidential Alerts?
A: No, disabling Amber Alerts does not disable Presidential Alerts, as it remains active in your iPhone until turned off.
Amber Alerts on iPhone are important and can help in emergencies. However, if you want to turn off these notifications, you can try any of the methods mentioned above. Keep in mind that disabling these alerts entirely is not advisable, as it might put you in danger. Instead, try only turning off Amber Alerts if they are disturbing you. With these methods, you can now have peace of mind without being disturbed by unnecessary alerts.