An Android tablet is one of the most useful devices that we have in our hands today. It is highly efficient, and with a great user interface. Maintaining this device is essential for its longevity. One problem that tablet owners face is a malfunctioning power button.
The power button on an Android tablet is the most critical part of the device. It is what switches the tablet on and off. An Android tablet with a malfunctioning button can be a real pain. In most cases, what happens is the power button becomes unresponsive or hard to press, and this makes it difficult to switch the tablet on and off.
- A tablet with a malfunctioning power button
- A soft and absorbent cloth
- A small screwdriver
- A small brush
- A replacement power button
What Requires Your Focus?
Most people panic when the power button on their Android tablet malfunctions. However, before you do anything, you need to remain calm and assess the situation. You should check whether the power button is working or not and, if not, check whether it is stuck or just needs replacement. This assessment is crucial in helping you to identify the method of fixing that is most applicable to you.
Different Methods to Fix Power Button on Android Tablet
Method 1: Cleaning the Power Button
If your power button is not working, it could be caused by dirt or dust accumulation. Here are the steps to clean your power button:
- Power off your tablet
- Clean the button with a soft and absorbent cloth. You can also use a small brush to clean the edges
- Use a small screwdriver to press the button gently. If you feel any resistance, it could mean that there is a dirt buildup on the button
- Remove the dirt gently using the brush
- Power on your tablet to test if the power button is working correctly.
- The simplest and cheapest option.
- Helps to remove dirt and dust, which could improve the functioning of the power button.
- This method may not work if the power button is already too damaged or broken.
- The dirt could be too persistent and could require more technical troubleshooting.
Method 2: Reboot Your Tablet
In some cases, a simple reboot could help you fix the power button. Here are the steps:
- Hold the power button and volume button down simultaneously
- Release the buttons when the Android logo appears
- Select reboot with the volume button and press the power button to confirm the action
- Your tablet will reboot and should be working correctly after that
- Easy to do and helps restart your tablet efficiently.
- This option does not require any technical know-how, and anyone can do it.
- This method will not work if the power button is damaged or broken.
Method 3: Installing Button Savior
Button Savior is a unique app that can help you fix a broken or unresponsive power button. Here are the steps:
- Download and install Button Savior from Google Playstore
- Open the app and tap on "Grant Permission" to access features on your tablet
- Select the "Interface" button, and it will show you a list of buttons, including a power button icon, which you can tap to unlock your tablet
- If you want to turn off the tablet from the software interface, tap the menu icon and select the "Power Off" option
- This method provides an alternative power option that could help you switch your tablet on and off even if the power button is not responding.
- Does not interfere with the tablet’s system files or settings.
- You have to navigate through the interface to power on and off your tablet, which can be time-consuming.
- Might not work if other parts of the tablet’s hardware are damaged.
Why Can’t I Fix the Power Button on My Android Tablet?
There are different reasons why you might not be able to fix the power button on your android tablet. They include:
1. Malfunctioning Hardware
If the power button is damaged, or there is a problem with the hardware circuitry causing it not to work, then a software problem will not help.
2. Problems with the Tablet’s Operating System
Software glitches or malfunctions in the operating system could also cause the power button to stop working. This issue might require you to reset the device or update the operating system.
3. Technical Problem with the Tablet’s System
This issue could be caused by a more technical problem, such as a malfunctioning battery or a problem with the device’s motherboard. Such an issue would require a professional to fix, or you could take it to the manufacturer for repair.
Implications and Recommendations
Before resorting to any of the methods above, it is crucial to understand the root cause of the problem. Sometimes, the power button may stop-working due to technical or hardware issues. If this is the case, it would be best to take your tablet to a specialist for repairs. Also, you must ensure that you follow each method carefully, and if possible, get professional help if you are not sure of what to do.
5 FAQs about fixing the Power Button on Android Tablets
Q1: How much does it cost to fix a tablet’s power button?
A: This cost varies depending on the device’s model and the extent of the damage to the device. It would be best to get a quote from the manufacturer or a specialist repair shop.
Q2: How long should my tablet’s battery last?
A: This varies based on usage. But on average, a tablet battery can last from six to ten hours.
Q3: Can I use my tablet when it is charging?
A: Yes, you can use your tablet while charging. However, it would be best to use it carefully, and do not use it excessively until it charges a bit.
Q4: Does the Button Savior app work on all tablets?
A: No, the Button Savior app might not work on all tablets since it depends on the device’s architecture. It is best to confirm if the app is compatible with your device before installing it on your tablet.
Q5: How do I reset my tablet?
A: To reset your tablet, follow these steps:
- Open the "Settings" app
- Select "Backup and Restart"
- Select "Factory Data Reset"
There you have it, several methods you can use to fix a power button on an Android tablet. If the power button has a malfunction, it can be frustrating, but you can fix it by following one of the methods discussed above. Remember to assess and identify the problem before attempting any of the methods. Ensure you follow the steps carefully and get professional help if you are not sure what to do.