Android smartphones have many features that are user-friendly and customizable. One such customizable feature that helps to improve the user experience is the top bar. The top bar is an essential part of the Android interface that displays notifications such as battery life, Wi-Fi connectivity, time, and more. However, some of these features can be distracting or redundant, and you may want to hide the top bar on your Android phone.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to hide the top bar on Android. It seems difficult at first, but it’s very simple to do after exploring several methods. Here, we will go over some of the primary methods, along with the pros and cons of each method, that you can use to hide the top bar on Android.
The Challenge of How to Hide The Top Bar on Android
One of the challenges encountered when hiding the top bar on Android is that there’s no button or switch to turn it off. There is no built-in feature on Android that will hide the top bar. However, there are several methods that we can use to achieve this goal.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before proceeding with any of the methods below, it is essential to note that not all smartphones will support the methods. The methods discussed here have been tested on Android v9 systems and above, but there’s no guarantee that they will work on your device. To avoid any confusion or issues, it is better to first check your smartphone’s model and version.
Method 1: Using System UI Tuner
This method allows you to hide the top bar on Android by using the System UI Tuner feature. The System UI Tuner feature has been available since Android 6.0, but it is only known by a few users. Here are the steps to follow:
1) Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the Quick Settings panel.
2) Press and hold the settings button in the top right corner.
3) Release the button after 5 seconds.
4) Go to Settings > System > Developer options.
5) Scroll down and enable the System UI Tuner feature.
6) Go to Settings > System UI Tuner > Status bar.
7) Enable the "Do not disturb" icon by toggling the switch next to it.
8) The top bar is now hidden.
– You don’t need to download any third-party apps.
– Only takes a few minutes to complete.
– It only works on Android 6.0 and above.
– The System UI Tuner is a hidden feature, and so it may not be available on all Android devices.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
There are several third-party apps available that can hide the top bar on Android. One of the most popular apps is Power Shade. Here are the steps to follow:
1) Download and install the Power Shade app.
2) Launch the app and go to "General Settings."
3) Turn on the "Hide Status Bar" option.
4) Your top bar is now hidden.
– Works on most Android devices and versions.
– Many customization options.
– You’ll download an app to remove the top bar, which can be inconvenient for some users.
Method 3: Using ADB Command
This method requires connecting your Android device to your computer and using ADB commands. ADB is a command-line tool that developers use to communicate with Android devices. Here are the steps to follow:
1) Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable.
2) Go to "Settings > About phone."
3) Tap the "Build number" seven times to enable developer mode.
4) Go back to the main menu and enter "Developer options."
5) Enable USB Debugging.
6) Download and install ADB on your computer.
7) Run the ADB command prompt.
8) Type "adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=" and press "Enter."
9) The top bar is now hidden.
– Works on all Android devices.
– It’s an official method and doesn’t require any third-party apps.
– It involves connecting your phone to your computer, which can be complicated for some users.
– It can go wrong if you’ve never used it before.
Why Can’t I Hide The Top Bar on Android?
1) Android Version: Some Android versions don’t support the System UI Tuner feature discussed earlier in method 1.
2) Phone Model: Not all smartphone models support the System UI Tuner or other methods discussed above.
3) Obsolete Methods: Some methods that were popular in past years may not work on newer versions of Android.
If your phone doesn’t support any of the methods above, you could consider rooting your device, which gives you access to more features.
If you’ve hidden the top bar and need to see the notifications for any reason, swipe down on the top of the screen, and the notification panel will appear.
5 FAQs about How to Hide The Top Bar on Android
Q1: Will hiding the top bar affect other apps?
A: No, hiding the top bar doesn’t affect any other apps on your phone.
Q2: How to know if my phone supports System UI Tuner?
A: Go to "Settings > System" and check whether there’s a "System UI Tuner" option.
Q3: Will rooting my device void my warranty?
A: Yes, rooting your device voids the warranty.
Q4: Is it legal to root an Android device?
A: Yes, it is legal to root an Android device.
Q5: Is it possible to turn off only some features on the top bar?
A: Yes, using the System UI Tuner, you can choose which icons to show or hide.
Hiding the top bar on Android can make your phone more aesthetically pleasing, improves the user experience, and helps minimize distractions. In this blog post, we went over the methods to do this using System UI Tuner, third-party apps, and ADB commands, with their benefits and drawbacks. If none of these methods work, rooting the device can provide more options and greater customization. By following these methods and tips, you can hide the top bar on your Android device effortlessly.