If U2’s album "Songs of Innocence" automatically downloaded onto your iPhone and you do not want it, there are a few ways to remove it. You can try deleting the album directly from your music library or going to your iTunes account settings and choosing to hide all music from U2. Alternatively, you can disable the feature that automatically downloads purchases to your iPhone by going to your iPhone settings and turning off the "Automatic Downloads" option.
How do I stop U2 from automatically playing on my iPhone?
How do you get rid of U2 on iPhone?
To remove the U2 album from your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Music app on your iPhone.
2. Find the U2 album in your Library or in the Search tab.
3. Swipe left on the album and tap on "Delete".
4. Confirm that you want to remove the album from your device.
If you have previously hidden the U2 album but it still appears in your Purchased tab, you can follow these additional steps:
1. Open the iTunes Store app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Purchased tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Find the U2 album and tap on the "…" button next to it.
4. Tap on "Hide" to remove the album from your Purchased list.
Note: If you had previously downloaded the U2 album to your computer or other devices, you will need to repeat these steps on each device to remove it completely.
Why is U2 album on my iPhone?
The U2 album on your iPhone is likely a result of the free distribution of the album "Songs of Innocence" by U2 in 2014. Apple teamed up with the band to gift over 500 million iTunes users with a free copy of the album, which was automatically added to their music libraries without permission. This generated controversy and backlash from some users who were unhappy with having the album on their devices without their consent. Apple later released a tool to allow users to remove the album from their libraries.
How do I get rid of Songs of Innocence?
To get rid of Songs of Innocence, which is an album that was automatically added to your iTunes library in 2014, you can follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Go to the "My Music" tab.
3. Click on the "Albums" view.
4. Scroll down until you see the "Songs of Innocence" album.
5. Click the album to select it.
6. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
7. A popup window will ask you if you want to delete the selected items from your music library.
8. Click "Delete Album" to confirm the action.
If you have the "iCloud Music Library" option turned on in iTunes, the album may reappear in your library if you have not disabled the option on all devices. To prevent this, go to "iTunes Preferences" and turn off "iCloud Music Library" on all devices where it is enabled.
How do I permanently remove U2?
Permanently removing U2 refers to deleting the band’s album or tracks from your iTunes library. To do this, you can follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes and click on the "Music" tab.
2. Find the U2 album or track that you want to delete.
3. Right-click on the album or track and select "Delete from Library."
4. A window may appear asking if you want to move the song to the Trash or Keep File. Select "Move to Trash" if you want to permanently remove the song from your computer.
5. If you have enabled iCloud Music Library, you will also need to go to Settings > Music on your iOS device and turn off "Show All Music" to remove the U2 songs from your device.
Note that if you had previously downloaded the album for free from Apple, you will not be able to delete it permanently from your purchase history, but you can hide it from your iCloud music library.
How do I turn off Apple Music U2?
To turn off Apple Music U2, follow these steps:
1. Open the Music app on your iOS device.
2. Go to the "Songs" tab on the bottom.
3. Find the album titled "Songs of Innocence" by U2 in your library.
4. Swipe left on the album to reveal the "Delete" option.
5. Tap "Delete" to remove the album from your library.
6. Go to Settings > Music.
7. Scroll down to the "Show All" section and toggle off the switch next to "U2 Album."
This will remove the album from your library and prevent it from automatically downloading in the future.
How do I stop Apple Music from automatically playing?
Apple Music on iOS devices has a feature called "autoplay" which will automatically play music after the current song finishes. To turn off this feature, open the Settings app, scroll down to "Music," and then turn off the toggle next to "Autoplay." This will prevent Apple Music from continuing to play music automatically after your current song has ended. Note that this setting only affects music played through the Apple Music app – if you’re using another music app, you’ll need to adjust its settings separately.