Forwarding calls is one of the most essential features of mobile phones that can be useful in multiple ways. However, its usage is not always relevant to everybody and may even lead to inconvenience. Fortunately, it is not challenging to disable this feature, and we have prepared some tips for you to follow.
Why You Need to Turn off Forward Calls on Android
Although call forwarding is a useful feature of mobile phones, it may sometimes cause inconvenience to people. This could be due to several reasons such as:
- Unwanted calls being forwarded to an undesired number
- Deteriorating quality of calls while forwarding
- Extra charges incurred due to call forwarding
- Your android device continues to ring even if the call has already been forwarded
Therefore, to avoid these situations, it is best to turn off call forwarding on your Android device.
Method 1: Using Your Phone App
This is an efficient and straightforward method to turn off call forwarding on your Android device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open your Phone App and click the three dots on the right corner of your screen
- Select ‘Settings’ from the options that appear
- Select ‘Call Forwarding’ from the list of options
- Click the toggle button next to ‘Call Forwarding’ to turn it off
- Using the Phone App is convenient and readily available on every Android device.
- The method is straightforward and does not require any intervention from third-party apps.
- The method may vary slightly with different versions of the Android operating system.
- It does not give advanced features and customization options.
Method 2: Using Your Carrier App
Another method is to use your carrier application to disable call forwarding. The steps to do so are:
- Open your Carrier App, which is pre-installed in your Android phone
- Click or Tap on "Settings"(gear icon)
- Select "Phone"
- Click or Tap on "Call Forwarding"
- Disable all call forwarding options
- This method is easy to execute and saves time as your carrier app is always available on your device.
- It gives you the luxury of customizing the call forwarding options according to your preference.
- It may not be a suitable option for you if you do not use your carrier app regularly.
- This method may depend on the carrier service provider that you are using.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party App
In case you are unable to turn off call forwarding on your Android device by using the above methods, you could use a third-party app for the same. Some of these apps include:
- Advanced Call Settings
- Call Forwarding
Here is how to use the Call Forwarding app:
- Download and install the ‘Call Forwarding’ app from the Google Play Store
- Open the app and click on the ‘+’ sign on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select the type of call forwarding you want to turn off
- Select ‘Disable all call forwarding’ from the options available
- Click the ‘Apply’ button and restart your Android device.
- The apps usually come with advanced call forwarding features not available in the Phone and Carrier apps.
- It may help if you are unable to turn off call forwarding on your Android device through other methods.
- A third-party app may consume additional system resources, impacting your device’s performance.
- You’ll have to select it from the list of apps, which may be time-consuming to some users.
What to Do If You Can’t Turn off Forward Calls on Android
If you are facing an issue where you are unable to turn off call forwarding using the above methods, there are still some fixes you could try:
- Rebooting your Android device may solve the issue.
- Check with your carrier service provider to ensure that your account settings and call forwarding settings are correct.
- If none of the above methods work, you could contact your device manufacturer’s customer support to get the issue resolved.
Here are some additional tips that could help you manage your call forwarding options better:
- Enable Conditional Call Forwarding for specific calls only.
- Use the ‘Call Forward if Busy’ setting if you are too busy to attend to all calls.
- Use this feature only when necessary to avoid losing calls or being charged for call forwarding.
Q1: How do I know if call forwarding is turned on?
A: You will notice that the forwarding symbol will appear on the right side of your notification bar. Alternatively, you can check by dialing *#67# on your Android device.
Q2: Can I forward calls to an international number?
A: Yes, however, doing so may incur additional charges which will be subject to your carrier service provider’s policies.
Q3: How long does it take for call forwarding to activate/deactivate?
A: It usually takes up to two minutes for the call forwarding settings to become active.
Q4: How do I forward calls to voicemail?
A: In the Phone App, go to ‘Call Settings’ > ‘Voicemail’ > ‘Advanced Settings’ > ‘Call Forwarding’ and then choose ‘Forward when unanswered’ and select ‘Voicemail’.
Q5: Can I set call forwarding only for certain phone numbers or contacts?
A: Yes, you can use the ‘Forwarding call with conditions’ option available in the ‘Call Settings’ of your Android phone, where you can list the numbers that you would like to forward calls to.
Call forwarding is one of the many features of mobile phones that can make communication more accessible. It allows you to remain available even when you are unable to answer calls. However, it could be problematic in some situations. In such cases, it is helpful to know how to turn off call forwarding on your Android device. We hope that this article has provided you with the necessary information to do so.