As a technical blogger, I’m always on the lookout for new and powerful tools that can make my job easier. One of these tools is the ICMP ActiveX Control, which is a powerful software application that allows you to perform network diagnostics and troubleshooting tasks. In this review, I’m going to take a closer look at what this software can do, its features, pros and cons, pricing, and alternatives.
What Does ICMP ActiveX Control Do?
ICMP ActiveX Control is a software application that allows you to perform network diagnostics and troubleshooting tasks. Its core features include:
Pinging: ICMP ActiveX Control allows you to perform ping tests on IP addresses and domain names. This feature is useful for checking the availability and response time of network devices.
Tracing: This feature allows you to trace the network path between your computer and a remote host. It helps you identify network connectivity issues and troubleshoot them.
Port Scanning: ICMP ActiveX Control can scan a range of TCP ports to check for open and closed ports. This feature is useful for network security testing and identifying potential vulnerabilities in your network.
Node Enumeration: ICMP ActiveX Control can enumerate network nodes using the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This feature helps you identify network devices and their properties.
|Single Developer License||$149.95|
|5 Developer License||$499.95|
|10 Developer License||$799.95|
|VALUE FOR MONEY||
- Effectiveness: ICMP ActiveX Control is a very effective tool for network diagnostics and troubleshooting. Its core features are powerful and can help you identify and resolve network issues quickly and efficiently.
- EASE-OF-USE: The software is very easy to use, with a simple and intuitive interface. Even if you’re not an experienced network technician, you should be able to use this software without too much difficulty.
- Support: The support team is very responsive and helpful, and they’re available to answer any questions or resolve any issues you may encounter while using the software.
- Service: The customer service is excellent, with fast response times and helpful advice and guidance.
- Quality: The software is well-designed and is built to last, with high-quality code and robust functionality.
- VALUE FOR MONEY: The software is a bit pricey, but in my opinion, it’s worth the investment if you need a powerful tool for network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
What I Like
I really like the power and flexibility of ICMP ActiveX Control. The software is packed with features that allow you to perform a wide range of network diagnostic and troubleshooting tasks. Here are three things I like about this software:
- Pinging: The software’s ping feature is very powerful, allowing you to ping a wide range of IP addresses and domain names to check network connectivity and response times.
- Port Scanning: The port scanning feature is great for network security testing and identifying potential vulnerabilities in your network.
- Node Enumeration: I really like the node enumeration feature, which allows you to discover and map out network devices and their properties.
What I Don’t Like
There’s not much I don’t like about ICMP ActiveX Control. However, one thing that could be improved is the software’s pricing. The software is quite expensive, which may be a barrier for some users who are on a tight budget.
What Could Be Better
Here are three things that could be improved in ICMP ActiveX Control:
- More Affordable Pricing: The software’s pricing could be more affordable so that more users can access its powerful features.
- Better Tutorials and Documentation: The software’s tutorials and documentation could be more comprehensive and easier to follow, especially for novice network technicians.
- Addition of More Features: While the software’s existing features are powerful, it could benefit from the addition of more features for advanced network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
How to Use ICMP ActiveX Control?
Using ICMP ActiveX Control is quite easy. Here are the basic steps:
Step 1: Install the software on your computer.
Step 2: Launch the software and select the feature you want to use (e.g., ping, trace, port scanning, node enumeration).
Step 3: Enter the IP address or domain name you want to test or scan.
Step 4: Run the test or scan and analyze the results.
Alternatives to ICMP ActiveX Control
If you’re looking for alternatives to ICMP ActiveX Control, here are three options:
- NMAP: NMAP is a free and open-source network scanning tool that allows you to perform a wide range of network diagnostics and troubleshooting tasks.
- Advanced IP Scanner: Advanced IP Scanner is a free network scanner that allows you to scan your network for devices and check their properties and status.
- Angry IP Scanner: Angry IP Scanner is a free and open-source network scanner that allows you to scan network devices for open ports and vulnerabilities.
You can download these software applications from their official websites:
FAQs about ICMP ActiveX Control
Q1: What operating systems does ICMP ActiveX Control support?
A: ICMP ActiveX Control supports Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
Q2: Is ICMP ActiveX Control easy to use?
A: Yes, ICMP ActiveX Control is very easy to use, with a simple and intuitive interface, even for novice network technicians.
Q3: Does ICMP ActiveX Control provide technical support?
A: Yes, ICMP ActiveX Control provides technical support via email and phone, and the support team is very responsive and helpful.
Q4: Can I try ICMP ActiveX Control before buying it?
A: Yes, you can download a free trial version of ICMP ActiveX Control from the official website.
Q5: Is ICMP ActiveX Control worth the investment?
A: If you need a powerful tool for network diagnostics and troubleshooting, then yes, ICMP ActiveX Control is worth the investment.
Overall, I think ICMP ActiveX Control is a very powerful tool for network diagnostics and troubleshooting. Its core features are robust and can help you identify and resolve network issues quickly and efficiently. While the software’s pricing may be a barrier for some users, I believe that the investment is worth it for the functionality it provides. Additionally, the availability of technical support makes the software even more reliable and valuable for network technicians. If you’re looking for a tool that allows you to perform extensive network diagnostics and troubleshooting tasks, ICMP ActiveX Control is definitely worth a try.